When it comes to outdoor advertising, there's no denying the effectiveness of billboard and painted bulletin ads. These larger-than-life displays allow you to make a big impact, reaching a wide audience with your message. And when done right, they can be truly unforgettable.
In this post, we'll explore everything you need to know about painted bulletins, including:
- What is a painted bulletin?
- How do painted bulletins differ from other types of outdoor ads?
- What are the advantages of using painted bulletins for your brand?
- How does media buying work when it comes to painted bulletin ads?
- What role does ad tech play in the world of painted bulletins?
- How can you create an effective painted bulletin ad for your brand?
What is a Painted Bulletin?
A painted bulletin is essentially a hand-painted billboard advertising display. Rather than relying on digital printing or other technological means, these ads are created using traditional painting techniques. This means that each ad is unique and hand-crafted, giving it a one-of-a-kind quality that's hard to replicate.
How do Painted Bulletins Differ from Other Types of Outdoor Ads?
Compared to other types of outdoor advertising (such as print ads or digital billboards), painted bulletins have several unique advantages. One major difference is their size: these ads tend to be much larger than traditional print displays or even digital billboards.
Additionally, because they're hand-painted, each ad has a distinct look and feel that sets it apart from other types of displays. This can make them more memorable and eye-catching than their more standardized counterparts.
What are the Advantages of Using Painted Bulletins for Your Brand?
There are numerous benefits to using painted bulletins for your brand's outdoor advertising needs. Here are just a few:
- High visibility: thanks to their large size and bold colors, these ads are impossible to miss.
- Uniqueness: because each ad is hand-painted, you can ensure that your message stands out from the crowd.
- Longevity: unlike digital billboards or print ads that might only be up for a limited time, painted bulletins tend to have longer lifespans.
- Nostalgia factor: in an age where everything seems digital and impersonal, there's something refreshing about seeing an old-school hand-painted billboard.
How Does Media Buying Work When it Comes to Painted Bulletin Ads?
Media buying for painted bulletin ads works similarly to media buying for any other type of outdoor advertising. Essentially, you'll work with an agency or broker who can help secure space on the billboards you're interested in. They'll negotiate rates on your behalf and help ensure that your display reaches the right audience.
What Role Does Ad Tech Play in the World of Painted Bulletins?
While traditional painting techniques still reign supreme when it comes to creating these types of displays, ad tech can still play a role in helping brands create effective campaigns. For example, data-driven insights gleaned from sources like social media analytics can help inform messaging and design choices.
Additionally, some companies have experimented with using augmented reality technology alongside their physical paintings in order to create even more immersive experiences for viewers.
How Can You Create an Effective Painted Bulletin Ad for Your Brand?
Creating an effective painted bulletin requires careful consideration of factors like messaging, design choices, color palette, and more. To ensure success:
- Focus on creating something unique and memorable
- Keep messaging clear and simple
- Use bold colors that grab attention
- Consider incorporating elements like humor or nostalgia into your design
- Work with an experienced team who knows how to craft effective outdoor campaigns
- Levine M., Smith R., & Westwood S., (2019). Outdoor Advertising Just Got Better (Despite The Rise Of Social Media). New York Times.
- O'Gorman M., (2020). Billboard Advertising Crash Course: Getting Started With Out-of-home Marketing [Ebook]. Retrieved from https://www.hopperdigital.com/guide-to-billboard-advertising/
- Putnam R., (2017). Outdoor Advertising - Get Noticed! London: Gower Publishing Limited.
- Sorof J.A., (2018). Classic Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs (Pennsylvania State University Press Series in Pennsylvania Dutch History and Culture). University Park : Pennsylvania State Univ Pr.
- Yeshin T., (2006). Advertising London; Thousand Oaks; New Delhi; Singapore: SAGE Publications Ltd.