If you're a social media marketer, you know that staying on top of your Twitter feed can be overwhelming. But what if there was a way to organize your feed into manageable chunks? That's where Twitter Lists come in. In this post, we'll explore the power of Twitter Lists and answer some of the most pressing questions about them.
What is a Twitter List?
A Twitter List is a curated group of Twitter accounts that you can create within your account. You can add any public Twitter account to a List, and you can create as many Lists as you want. When you add an account to a List, their tweets will show up in a separate feed, making it easier for you to keep track of what they're saying.
How do I create a Twitter List?
Creating a Twitter List is easy. Here's how:
- Go to your profile page.
- Click on "Lists."
- Click on "Create new list."
- Give your List a name and description.
- Choose whether you want the List to be public or private.
- Start adding accounts to your List.
How do I add accounts to my Twitter List?
To add an account to your List, follow these steps:
- Go to the profile page of the account you want to add.
- Click on the three dots next to the "Follow" button.
- Select "Add or remove from lists."
- Choose which List you want to add the account to.
How can I use Twitter Lists for Social Media Marketing?
Twitter Lists can be an incredibly powerful tool for social media marketers. Here are just a few ways you can use them:
- Organize influencers by industry or topic: If you're working with influencers as part of your social media strategy, it can be helpful to create a List for each industry or topic they cover.
- Monitor competitors: Create Lists for your competitors so you can keep track of what they're up to.
- Keep up with industry news: Create Lists of industry thought leaders and news outlets so you can stay on top of trends and breaking news.
- Engage with customers: Create Lists of customers who are active on Twitter so you can easily engage with them and build relationships.
- Collaborate with team members: Create Lists for different team members so everyone can stay organized and up-to-date on what their colleagues are tweeting.
What are some best practices for using Twitter Lists?
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Twitter Lists:
- Keep them organized: Use clear, descriptive names for each List so it's easy to tell what it's for.
- Update them regularly: Make sure you're adding new accounts and removing ones that are no longer relevant.
- Share them with others: If you've created a public List that others might find useful, share it on social media or include it in your email signature.
- Use them strategically: Don't just create Lists haphazardly – think about how they fit into your overall social media strategy.
Can I follow someone without adding them to a List?
Yes! Following someone will add their tweets to your main feed, regardless of whether or not they're on one of your Lists.
- Scott Ayres - "Twitter Marketing For Dummies"
- John Lee - "The Complete Guide To Social Media Marketing"
- Kevan Lee - "The Proven Guide To Social Media Marketing"
- Hootsuite - "Social Media Marketing Essentials"
- Buffer - "The Ultimate Guide To Social Media Marketing"