If you’re in the world of digital marketing, you’ve likely come across the term “article syndication” before. But what exactly is it, and how can it help improve your SEO and content marketing efforts? In this post, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about article syndication, including its benefits, how to do it right, and more.
What is Article Syndication?
Article syndication is the practice of sharing your content with multiple websites in order to increase its exposure and reach a wider audience. This can include everything from blog posts to articles to whitepapers – anything that you’ve created that could be valuable to other websites and their readers.
What Are the Benefits of Article Syndication?
There are several benefits to article syndication, including:
- Increased exposure: By sharing your content on multiple sites, you’re able to get it in front of a wider audience than you would by posting it on your own site alone.
- Improved SEO: When your articles are published on other high-authority websites, it can help improve your search engine rankings.
- More backlinks: As part of article syndication, you typically include a link back to your own website. This can result in more backlinks (which are great for SEO) and referral traffic.
- Brand awareness: The more places your content is published, the more people will become aware of your brand.
How Do You Do Article Syndication Right?
While there are many benefits to article syndication, it’s important to do it right in order to reap those benefits. Here are some tips:
- Choose high-authority websites: When selecting sites to share your content with, choose those that have a strong reputation and good domain authority.
- Create unique content for each site: Don’t just copy and paste the same article onto multiple sites – create unique content for each one.
- Include a link back to your site: Make sure you include a link back to your own website in each article.
- Monitor your results: Keep track of where your articles are being published and how they’re performing in terms of traffic, backlinks, and other metrics.
What Are Some Examples of Article Syndication?
Some examples of article syndication include:
How Does Article Syndication Fit Into Ad Tech and Advertising?
While not strictly an ad tech or advertising tactic, article syndication can be part of a larger content marketing strategy that includes paid advertising. For example, you might use paid social media ads to promote an article that you’ve syndicated across multiple sites.
How Can You Get Started with Article Syndication?
To get started with article syndication, identify some high-authority websites in your industry that might be interested in publishing your content. Reach out to them with a pitch or proposal for an article, and make sure you follow their guidelines for submissions.
- Content Marketing Strategies for Professionals
- SEO 2022: Learn search engine optimization with smart internet marketing strategies
- Digital Marketing Handbook: A Guide to Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
- Ad Tech Explained: Advertising technology for digital media